The Pandemic in Our Guts!

Your body's needs are different as you age and based on what you are doing in life. Here is where you get the answers to the hard questions. One of the biggest questions is "What is going on with my body?"

Moderator: DrJessieND

DrJessieND

The Pandemic in Our Guts!

Over the past 40 years of practicing natural medicine, I have seen some epidemics come and go. When I first started out, as the patient, I was diagnosed with something called “Colon Dybiosis,” or “Intestinal Permeability,” by my mentor Theresa Dale, Ph.D. This phraseology has morphed into what today we call “Leaky Gut Syndrome.” At that time, Theresa assured me that this was a silent epidemic, and that the medical model didn’t believe it was a real condition!

Fast forward to now, where it is the most dangerous and most silent PANDEMIC of them all! And, 40 years later, the medical model still refuses to acknowledge its existence, never mind the pandemic. Yet it has been written about in medical text books for a hundred years. In fact, the "Father" of medicine, Hippocrates said, "All disease begins in the gut." More than two thousand years later, scientific research has now proven he was on to something all those years ago.

So, what is Leaky gut syndrome? It is an imbalance between the "healthy" bacteria that inhabit a normal gut lining, and “unhealthy” bacteria and germs, producing a great deal of symptoms throughout the body, not just in the intestines. In fact, it has been directly linked to autoimmune disease and in my practice, is the core to all wellbeing.

When the lining of the cell walls becomes disrupted (man-made drugs, especially antibiotics and birth control pills, NOT being breast-fed, high levels of stress, alcohol, GMO foods, etc.) the cells start to swell in the lining of the gut. As this occurs, the protective membrane that separates US from our environment (food) becomes "leaky" as it separates from the swelling. This allows for the passage of all kinds of things from the intestines out into the blood. Think: parasites, yeast-fungus, and even healthy foods that are in a larger chain molecule and are simply too big for the blood.

Now the body has to go into an immune response, activate white bloods cells, and form an attack against theses "enemies." But since the leaks aren’t repaired, this continues for usually decades before real symptoms kick in from exhausting our immune response. Below is a list of some of the most common symptoms, many of which I had:

This is a partial list of symptoms of Leaky Gut Syndrome.

• Celiac disease/gluten intolerance
  • Gastric ulcers
  • Joint pain
  • Infectious diarrhea
  • Irritable bowel syndrome
  • Inflammatory bowel diseases (Crohn’s, ulcerative colitis)
  • Small intestine bacterial overgrowth (SIBO)
  • Esophageal and colorectal cancer
  • Allergies and Food Sensitivities
  • Respiratory infections
  • Acute inflammation conditions (sepsis, SIRS, multiple organ failure)
  • Chronic inflammatory conditions (such as arthritis)
  • Thyroid disorders
  • Obesity-related metabolic diseases (fatty liver, type II diabetes, heart disease)
  • Autoimmune diseases (such as lupus, multiple sclerosis, type I diabetes, Hashimoto’s and more)
  • Parkinson’s disease
  • Chronic fatigue syndrome
  • Weight gain or obesity

Here's more about some of the problems that can develop due to leaky gut syndrome:

1. Food Sensitivities
Some research suggests that Leaky gut can cause the immune system to overproduce various antibodies, which may make some more susceptible to antigens in certain foods (especially gluten and dairy). In studies involving rats and human children, leaky gut and food allergies have been linked. Allergies are believed to be one of the most common symptoms. All of my patients had to get off dairy (except grass-fed butter) and gluten, bar none!

2. Inflammation/Dis-Ease/Disease
By now, science has proven that ALL disease starts with inflammation, the silent killer. My experience with this was my chronic Eczema that I had battled for at least 10 years when I met Dr. Dale. She explained that this was a very common disorder from my gut, as well as any psoriasis, dandruff, rashes, and acne. We do not always SEE the inflammation in our body; it can be very silent and slowly building up over time, even in the brain, causing BRAIN FOG and mood disorders. Lots of doctors and their patients simply chalk this up to stress and getting older, but it is a real condition that can be healed, as I learned.

So let’s take a look at how to start the healing process. First of all, we need excellent probiotics (the healthy bacteria) to populate the gut. These typically are taken upon arising on an empty stomach, and/or at bedtime, again on an empty stomach.

Secondly we need a therapeutic process to start fixing the "leaks," and we have found that l-Glutamine, a simple amino acid, along with some other herbs is fantastic for this job.

We also need to clear our diets of the most common offenders: Anything GMO (or Commercial Grains since they are sprayed with Roundup here in the US!), Dairy (except grass fed butter) and Gluten (wheat, barley and rye). This issue with our grains being sprayed with Roundup is huge, and is creating the next pandemic of Liver disease. (More on this later) For example, commercial corn, once cut, is usually sprayed with Roundup as it speeds up the drying time, and cuts down on molding. However, Roundup should be banned here in the US, as it is in many other nations, it is a deadly poison.

If you think you have leaky gut, try these formulas from Systemic Formulas: ABC, their probiotic formulas and LGUT, their comprehensive formula to heal leaky gut syndrome. Typical doses are 1 ABC once to twice daily and 2 LGUT also once to twice daily. These formulas are best taken together, on an empty stomach, with a glass of pure (not tap!) water. I suggest staying on them for at least 3-4 months, and include the parasites detox at the Full Moon and New Moon for best results.

Since science has proven the "Gut/Brain" connection, you can watch your moods and brain chemistry improve, as well as your mental/cognitive function as the brain swelling starts to diminish. I would love to hear from you, through our Forum, as to what your results are. Remember, when you share your results, it encourages someone out there!

Click the links below and go to SYSTEMIC FORMULAS and register for a new account. When filling out the form put this code in at the bottom of the form to purchase from them. "Doctor Referral Code" Tx-cl01

ABC - Bio Nutriment - Acidophilus and Bifidus Complex
LGUT - Bio Challenge - Leaky Gut